Saturday, February 20, 2010

2 Weeks Old Today!


Resting at home...


Ready to leave the hospital! She had to look cute! :)



One of the many times she has fallen asleep on me... what a feeling!


Wow - where did the time go? Wasn't she just born yesterday? I can't believe my beautiful baby girl is growing so fast. I was told I would feel this way, but you don't ever really know until you experience it yourself. Just like I was told that I never really knew what love was until I saw her. It is just something you have to experience for yourself. Also, the love I have for my husband has multiplied over and over seeing how much he loves her. He is smitten, and I thank God for that!

I've seen many blogs where people write lists about their child, so I am going to follow in their footsteps. 14 things to know about Alea since today she is 14 days old!


1. She has my nose and lips. That is pointed out to me pretty much every time someone sees her. I'm not complaining!


2. She has her daddy's big, beautiful eyes!


3. She has taken to her "pacy" quite nicely. I was concerned at first to give it to her, but it is very soothing to her.


4. She is a good but lazy eater!


5. She finally lost her umbilical cord today. She has a precious belly button!


6. She has her daddy wrapped around her finger!


7. She has three sets of grandparents, an aunt, and two uncles that love her more than they even thought they would!


8. She loves being in her swing - basically she just loves to swing, whether it is in the swing or in her car seat.


9. I have called her my "poop queen" and my "hiccup queen" on more than one occasion.


10. She smiles when she is gassy, and I love it!


11. She fits perfectly on my chest, and we have taken many naps together.


12. She has more good nights than bad nights - which allows for some sleep for me!


13. When she is hungry, she will suck on my nose... precious!


14. She looks adorable in a bow - something I never thought I would say. (Not because I didn't think she would look adorable... because I didn't think I would like bows!)

I will try my best to update as much as possible! Look back for some more great pictures!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to do! I love it! Thank you for sharing your love, your thoughts, and the most precious gift ever~~~ Alea Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful!! I am so glad that you all are doing so well. I will keep reading for updates.

    Heather Gatlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like it! It seems like just the other day I was thinking the same things about Emma Kate and now she is 3 years old! We love you and miss you but know you are cherishing this time with Alea. Hopefully I can come see you both soon!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you started this blog so I will be able to see Alea! Isn't being a Mom the most awesome thing. I love it! Being Nana is great too!

    ReplyDelete